№4 - Ashner Construction Company, Inc.
16611 Riggs Road, Stilwell, Kansas
The Artisan Home Tour entry created by Ashner Construction is a perfect melding of a vision and the builder’s expression of that vision. The home achieves this through impeccable craftsmanship, one-of-a-kind materials, and the most up to date construction practices. Situated on a 20-acre horse property, the home takes you away from the city and into an ideal version of country life. From the moment you see the reclaimed barn wood cladding on the outside of the home to the artist-designed light fixtures, you’ll understand that this home is an homage to rustic yet elegant living.
A truly artisan home is defined by the details–and this home is overflowing with details. For instance, the staircase spindles are metal castings made from branches collected on the home site. Take a close look at the stairs to see the turquoise embedded in some of the live oak treads. The stone walls aren’t just random rocks—find the fossils scattered throughout the home. Enter the exercise room through the on-trend barn doors and take note that these are authentic barn doors salvaged from Benjamin Ranch.
What would a celebration of the natural world be without a stunning outdoor area? This home answers that question with an exterior that offers exceptional luxury. A scattering of seating areas allows the homeowner and guests to enjoy views from sunrise to sunset with all the amenities necessary for open air entertaining.
This is a house with a personality that welcomes you in and offers an invitation to linger in the comfort of a perfectly designed home. Plan to take your time and discover all the amazing elements of Ashner Construction’s masterpiece.
- 5 Bedrooms, 5 full baths, 2 half baths
- Master bedroom with private lanai and outdoor shower
- Light fixtures and decorative elements salvaged from Kansas City landmarks, such as The Stockyards, Benhamin Ranch, RS (Robert Sutherland) Bar Ranch, Sheplers and Yahooz
- Handmade copper range hood
- Vaulted, timbered ceiling using latillas and vigas from New Mexico in dining room
- Unique sensory experience upon arrival created by a fire feature, a water feature, flagstone, washed aggregate paving and more
- Hand-made art glass with LED lighting in the master shower
- Custom metal “Frederic Remington” railing
- Unique log wall in media room
- Reclaimed logs and timbers throughout
- Custom display room for owners’ collections
- 100-year-old barn wood accents
16611 Riggs Road, Stilwell, KS, United States