2022 Artisan Home Tour to Feature 10 Custom Homes, Support JDRF
Posted on October 27, 2021
The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) is proud to announce the 2022 Artisan Home Tour will be hosted the first three weekends in June (June 3-5, 10-12, and 17-19). Presented by Ferguson Enterprises and Samsung, this tour will feature 10 unique and luxurious homes built by some of Kansas City’s finest custom home builders.
KCHBA is partnering with JDRF (formerly known as the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) as its charitable partner for the 2022 Artisan Home Tour. JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Some 1.25 million Americans are living with T1D, including about 200,000 youth (less than 20 years old) and more than 1 million adults (20 years old and older).
“We are excited to support JDRF for the 2022 Artisan Tour,” said Scott Bickford, chair of the 2022 Artisan Home Tour Committee. “People with T1D are some of the most vulnerable during the Covid-19 pandemic so we are thrilled to be able to support research to find a cure by hosting this tour.”
Leading up to the tour, the Artisan builders and JDRF youth ambassadors will work together to raise awareness of T1D. JDRF youth ambassadors will follow each home’s construction process and share their stories on social media throughout the process. Look for these hashtags on Facebook as the tour nears: #artisankc #kchba #jdrfkc #hometourforacure.
“At JDRF, we’re leading the fight against type 1 diabetes (T1D) by funding research, advocating for policies that accelerate access to new therapies and providing a support network for millions of people around the world impacted by T1D,” said Sherri Lozano, Executive Director of JDRF Kansas and Missouri Chapter. “The Kansas and Missouri Chapter of JDRF is thrilled to be partnering with the Kansas City Home Builders Association through the Artisan Home Tour!”
Artisan Tour homes will be open Friday through Sunday from noon until 7 p.m. The homes will be scattered throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area and tickets will be available in April online at www.artisanhometourkc.org. To tour all 10 homes, the first ticket costs $25 and each additional ticket costs $15. Alternatively, consumers can tour one home for $10.
Builders participating in the 2022 Artisan Home Tour and the location of their Artisan homes are as follows:
- Bruce Rieke, B.L. Rieke Custom Homes, 21493 W. 94th Terrace, Lenexa, KS 66220
- Joe Christensen, Cardinal Crest Homes, 8516 N. Booth Ave., Kansas City, MO 64157
- Russ Groshans, Casa Bella Construction, 5842 N. Lucerne Ave., Kansas City, MO 64151
- Don Julian, Don Julian Builders, 17329 Larsen St., Overland Park, KS 66221
- Justin Koehler, Koehler Building Co., 15921 Glenfinnan Way, Village of Loch Lloyd, MO 64012
- Jeff Robinson, J.S. Robinson Fine Homes, 4414 W. 155th St., Overland Park, KS 66224
- Pete and Sarah St. Peter, PCDI Homes, 18749 Stillwell Road, Linwood, KS 66052
- Gerry Starr, Starr Homes, 16206 Spyglass Ct., Loch Lloyd, MO 64012
- Jason Walker, Walker Custom Homes, 15 Buffalo Ridge, Lake Winnebago, MO 64034
- Patrick Willis, Willis Custom Homes, 16015 St. Andrews Ct., Village of Loch Lloyd, MO 64012