5 Things You’ll Miss if You Don’t Attend the Artisan Home Tour
Posted on June 13, 2018
The Artisan Home Tour differs from the Parade of Homes in several respects (days, times, cost, etc.) but the most obvious one is the caliber of homes on the tour. These million-dollar homes built by custom home builders are unlike any others featuring unique designs and details. Here are five features of the Artisan homes you won’t want to miss:
1) Pieces of Kansas City’s History: A truly artisan home is defined by the details–and the Ashner Construction home is overflowing with details. Take a close look at the light fixtures and decorative elements salvaged from Kansas City landmarks, such as The Stockyards, Benjamin Ranch, RS (Robert Sutherland) Bar Ranch, Sheplers and Yahooz restaurant. Enter the exercise room through the on-trend barn doors and take note that these are authentic barn doors salvaged from Benjamin Ranch.
2) Spiral Staircases: A feature not traditionally seen in Parade homes, the Don Julian Builders home features a sweeping curved staircase as you enter the home as well as a two-story master closet with a spiral staircase.
3) Secret Places: The master suite in Starr Homes’ Artisan home in Sundance Ridge features not only a luxurious bath and spacious walk-in closet, but also a morning and evening room. Complete with a coffee bar and double-sided fireplace, you may find you never want to venture any further than this sanctuary. Additionally, children in the family have their special place as well—a play room on the upper level accessed through a hidden bookcase. Another hidden gem — Allure Luxury Homes‘ Artisan home in Leawood. It’s tucked away from all the hustle and bustle yet is still walking distance to Mission Farms!
4) Gorgeous Views & Waterfront Properties: The homes built by Rodrock Homes in Terrybrook Farms, Starr Homes’ home in Loch Lloyd and Casa Bella Construction’s home in Riss Lake all feature spaces for lavish living and sophisticated entertaining, with soaring ceilings and over-sized windows that allow sunlight to spill in. You and your guests can gaze out onto beautiful waterfront views from multiple vantage points.
5) Supporting a Good Cause: In an effort to support Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City, a portion of ticket sales from the Artisan Home Tour will be given to the charity to help it in its mission to keep families close while children are receiving treatment for illnesses at Children’s Mercy Hospital.