5 Reasons to Tour the Artisan Homes
Posted on May 31, 2022
The Artisan Home Tour differs from the Parade of Homes in several respects (days, times, cost, etc.) but the most obvious one is the caliber of homes on the tour. These million-dollar homes built by some of Kansas City’s finest custom home builders are unlike any others featuring unique designs and details. Here are five features of the Artisan homes you won’t want to miss:
1) Two-story Indoor Waterfall: A truly artisan home is defined by the details and having a waterfall inside your home is certainly a unique detail. As you walk in Casa Bella Construction’s Artisan home, Tour #2 in Kansas City, Mo., you will be greeted by a two-story commercial waterfall. We can’t wait to see this!
2) Enjoy the View: PCDI’s Artisan home, Tour #3 in Linwood, Kan., is perfect for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and just relax. In addition to beautiful views for miles on private acreage, this home features a library, sauna, tropical four-seasons greenhouse and a rose garden.
3) Architectural Intrigue: With different custom builders comes different styles. Inspired by the idyllic homes of coastal resort communities, B.L. Rieke’s first-ever Artisan home (Tour #4 in Lenexa, Kan.) offers a never-before-seen floorplan with a crisp yet calming, modern-coastal interpretation of the builder’s signature style.
While Cardinal Crest’s home, Tour #1 in Kansas City, Mo., is a modern take on English Country Architecture. You will notice this in the details, such as exterior parapet walls, dormers and a more pronounced flat facade. Hickok Homes, Tour #11 in Kansas City, Mo., built a four-story ultra modern oasis with a sprawling rooftop deck with views of the Country Club Plaza.
Tour #12 by MOJO Built is a classic 1.5 story modern farmhouse built with all-white stucco, complemented with native Kansas Cottonwood stone, year composition and standing-seam metal roof.
4) Where Everybody Knows Your Name: The Artisan home built by Willis Custom Homes, Tour #8 in Loch Lloyd, Mo., goes beyond the “Cheers” style bar to include a multi-level haven for fitness, gaming and party enthusiasts. Enjoy an indoor game at the sunken golf simulator, which is flanked by a bourbon lounge on one side and a glass-enclosed fitness center on the other.
J.S. Robinson’s Artisan home, Tour #6, is also the modern entertainer’s dream. Perfect for hosting family and friends, the professional kitchen includes an impressive waterfall quartz island, custom cabinetry and walk-in butler’s pantry. Uniquely blended into the kitchen is a complete walk-behind bar – creating a stylish space that’s ready for a cocktail party at a moment’s notice.
5) Pool Time: Several Artisan homes feature pools, including Tour #10 by Walker Customer Homes in Lake Winnebago, Mo., and Tours #9 and Tour #7 by Koehler Building Company and Starr Homes, both in Loch Lloyd, Mo.
Bonus — Support a Good Cause: In an effort to support JDRF (formerly known as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation), a portion of the proceeds from the Artisan Home Tour will be given to the charity to help it in its mission to find a cure for type 1 diabetes.
Tickets on sale now. Click here to purchase your tickets.